Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Making my body function better.

So after being sick for about 2 weeks, and ending up on antibiotics for an ear and sinus infection, I figured I need to step it up! Granted, being on a college campus your first winter is bound to be brutal no matter what. But I am NOT GOING TO GET SICK AGAIN, so here's what I'm doing.
Body
Still doing my good ole volleyball off-season workouts. But now I'm also playing ultimate frisbee! It's so much fun, and I'm meeting great people. Also eating much much better. I've been successful in not drinking soda, except for the Hansen's root beer I bought the other day. But it is made with cane sugar and is a very responsible company, so I'm feeling okay about that decision. Especially after hearing Luis Adolfo Cardona speak last week about Coca-cola. He worked for the union in Colombia and is now in exile in the US after witnessing an assassination and being kidnapped himself. My college is attempting to kick Coke of campus.
Mind
Well, I AM a college student after all. Only a few weeks left of term, which means that life is going to get crazy, FAST. All my normal work, plus work on two long research papers.
At least I get to read awesome stuff for Plant Bio, like a whole chapter about legumes!!! NERD ALERT!
Spirit
Finally found a Unitarian Univeralist church! It's in Peoria, which is a little far, but me and a few friends went a few weeks ago, and it turns out my Plant Bio professor goes there too! We plan to go back soon. I forgot how nice it is to be around other really caring, compassionate people. Although going to church was never all that fun for me, it's nice to be around other people with similar beliefs now that I'm not around my family often.

SO I'm trying all this, and hopefully my body will appreciate it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment