Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Taking a Day

Today I am taking a day to not be a college student. Tuesdays are nice, because I don't have any classes other than a movie in the afternoon for the common freshman class. And those are usually fun or interesting.
So I started out the day getting up early and going to the local elementary school for a student athlete program called Reading Buddies. I got to read to a first grade class and do activities with them about pumpkins. After working with kids all summer, I really missed being around little kids who love it when you act like a total goofball. It was a ton of fun and made me feel rejuvenated. And then when I went to check my mail, I got a super sweet package from one of my favorite people in the whole world! It was the perfect pick-me-up!
I'm going to goof off and watch some Brothers and Sisters (I'm watching season 3), and then go to lunch. Then I have my movie (which is about reconciliation in Rwanda, should be very interesting. After that I have practice, but we're going to the first half of the women's soccer match against our rival school. After that I'll have to do my homework, but at least for today I can have some time to do things other than be a student!

Last night I went to Spanish Club game night. I played Taboo in Spanish, which was pretty tricky. But I held my own! Afterwards, I started teaching one of my suite mates guitar. C and G chords were our starting point so that she can play "Anyone Else But You" from the movie Juno. It was a good start, and fun to share the love!

Overall, life this week is good, after a somewhat more stressful one. It's the last week of volleyball, so now I can start to focus on all the other things I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment