Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back to School Shopping


I've always been a fan of school supplies- just ask my sisters. We were always Staples freaks. It was like kids in a candy store when we shopped for binders and notebooks. And then there were pens, glorious pens. And erasers, and highlighters, and compasses (did I ever use a compass? no). But this year I completely forgot to buy school supplies. I had to come early for volleyball, so I wasn't really thinking about classes so much.
But the time rolled around to buy some paper products. Sadly, the place I ended up was Walmart. Luckily, I found some 100% recycled notebooks, and they weren't all that much more expensive than normal ones. They are made by Carolina Pad and Paper. The notebooks are called "Sasquatch: Leave Nothing But Tracks". They have sturdy cardboard covers and are really cute! Check out these little trees-

So I'm using them for my three classes (yay trimesters, only 3 at a time!). They aren't filling up too fast, so I can probably use them for more than one term. And I also bought recycled loose-leaf paper.
I also sprang for three folders. I sprang the extra 30 cents each to buy the sturdier ones. I figure they'll last much longer and I can use them for several terms. Then I bought some 100% recycled pens in the school bookstore with my college's name on them. Now I can show school pride and be green!
I used cute stickers to label my stuff so that I can take them off and put on new ones for new classes.
So overall, by spending about 5ish dollars extra than usual on school supplies, I probably saved a whole buncha trees! And it wasn't even that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment