Monday, November 2, 2009

One of those days...

Some lovely woods at Green Oaks yesterday
Today has been one of those days where you realize how lucky you are. Classes were good- I got some papers and tests back and did well, and the weather was nice. I don't have practice for the first time all year, and I don't have classes tomorrow, so I can relax tonight. I'm feeling fully here. I'm feeling pretty darn lucky to be at a college learning and living with amazing strong people.
The ladies in my suite are some pretty extraordinary people, and they make me remember how lucky I am to have family that love me, love each other, and allow me to be who I am. I've got one girl whose parents will cut her off if she comes out, another who dealt with her best friend attempting suicide a few weeks ago, and another who found out today that her mom has cancer again. Even though all these horrible things keep happening, we all take care of each other. And these women who are going through so much still manage to be sweet and care for others, and excel academically. I'm gonna miss them all when I go home for winter break! Overall, I'm feeling lucky today.

No comments:

Post a Comment