Monday, November 30, 2009

Break

So most college students headed back yesterday. They will all return in a few weeks for Christmas break. But not me! I have an extra-long break, since I am on trimesters! So hopefully this pile of stuff will become really awesome handmade Christmas presents...

And of course, I have an extensive reading list! All books I know I should have already read but just never found the time:
The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind William Kamkwamba (finished this weekend!)
Waiting for Snow in Havana Carlos Eire (I'm about 100 pages in, he came to speak at my high school last year and I've been wanting to read it ever since!)
Hope, Human and Wild Bill McKibben
Wandering Home Bill McKibben
Pieces From an Active Life Bill McKibben
Second Nature Michael Pollan
Made From Scratch Jenna Woginrich
The Bookseller of Kabul Asne Seierstad
Natural Capitalism Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins, L. Hunter Lovins
The Thoreau You Don't Know Robert Sullivan
God Is Back: How the Global Revival of Faith is Changing the World John Micklewait and Adrian Woolridge
We'll just have to wait and see how many I actually get through... hopefully a good chunk of them, anyway. I went to one of my favorite bookstores this weekend, Seasoned Books in Rochester, Vermont. I also got some bumper stickers to add to my guitar case.
My mom and I drove back from Vermont today, making a pit-stop (or perhaps a long shopping trip) in Northampton, Massachusetts. Northampton is an awesome town, with lots of cool independent stores. I also found another bumper sticker there! So my guitar case will get a face-lift when I get back to school. I also picked up some crafty supplies for presents while in Northampton... :)

1 comment: