Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sunny Saturday!

Today it was finally nice out after a few days of gloom! I think spring might finally be here. Got to bust out my new shades. Galesburg hosts an awesome jazz festival every year called Rootabaga, and this weekend was it! So much awesome jazz, including today's performance. The Knox Jazz Ensemble rocked it out, and then the Julian Lage Group absolutely blew all our minds. My friends and I were in awe of the things all these musicians could do, particularly Julian himself, who played guitar better than anyone I've ever seen. It was fantastic live, and none of the youtube videos seem to be able to do it justice, but check out this video, and then check out his tour dates, cause he's gonna be in the northeast soon!

To come when I get the time: pics of the massive amounts of guacamole I made the other day with my friend Alicia, as well as an update from my awesome food class!

No comments:

Post a Comment