Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One of those days...

...where you realize you bit off WAY more than you can chew, but are genuinely interested in everything you are doing.

-Last night I celebrated victories of 2 Alderman candidates me and the Knox College Democrats helped campaign for. Nice to know that in a small community, those phone calls and hours of canvassing really do translate into change on a city council.

-Had a KFC (Knox Food Coalition) meeting today where I volunteered to help out on committees I don't know much about but are needing energy. Frustrating to find time in my busy schedule to do research I wasn't supposed to have to do, but to move forward, we need to report back to the group as a whole. There ARE good things going on: good dialogue, new ideas, etc.

-Scrambling to finish a policy report about an aspect of science and technology for my Food Policy class (which I am loving, by the way, and can't wait to share bits and pieces of what I've been reading)

-After I finish up my shift tutoring (no tutees tonight, so I got some work done!), I get to go to a cappella rehearsal! Where I am proudly singing tenor this term. Also performing at an open mic Friday night, which I haven't had ANY time to rehearse for, but will throw something together Friday afternoon.

I'm trying very hard not to let the Gretta-stress-monster of high school rear its ugly head again. These are all worthwhile things... and should be fun! A little sleep deprived, and I should do some laundry, but the weather has been lovely and I've enjoyed riding my bike from place to place!

No comments:

Post a Comment