Monday, December 7, 2009

Learning something new every day!


Learning something new every day is very important. What did I learn today, might you ask?
I learned that tomatoes are carnivorous!!! Read all about it here.
I planted a whole slew of tomatoes during my internship at the Hickories farm last spring. They are pretty cool plants. Here's a picture I took of some tomatoes growing in the greenhouse last spring. Sadly a lot of the tomatoes I planted fell prey to the tomato blight- goes to show that farming is not an easy profession.

On a different note, I suggest listening to Sufjan Stevens' music. He is spectacular. Here are the lyrics to his song "All The Trees Of The Field Will Clap Their Hands". Even beyond his lyrics, the music itself is amazing.
If I am alive this time next year,
will I have arrived in time to share?
And mine is about as good this far.
And I'm still applied to what you are.
And I am joining all my thoughts to you.
And I'm preparing every part for you.
And I heard from the trees a great parade.
And I heard from the hills a band was made.
And will I be invited to the sound?
And will I be a part of what you've made?
And I am joining all my thought to you.
And I'm preparing every part for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment