Thursday, December 17, 2009

Busybusybusy

Oy! I have not posted in quite some time! I have been ever so busy. First I was REALLY sick with some wretched grossness. Most definitely NOT H1N1, but horrible none the less. It was not fun, my mom and I were both in bed for pretty much 4 days straight... at one point we even Skyped each other from down the hall. Pretty pathetic.
Since being recovered, I have been busybusybusy with all sorts of Christmas joy. Sadly, this means I cannot share with you. But I will take lots of pictures and let you in on all the secrets later. Listening to lots of music as I work, and also watching The Sing-Off on Hulu. It is a really fun show, I stumbled upon it on accident. It is a few night series featuring 8 a capella groups from around the nation, including a group from Tufts, where a few of my friends go. They are all fantastic! It is down to the last three groups. Very fun, and Ben Folds (one of my favorites!) is a judge. If you like music/ love the show Glee as much as I do, check it out!!!
My fellow eco-freak and suite mate sent me this link to NPR's best gardening books. Worth a look.
And while you are in the holiday spirit, please consider wrapping gifts in recycled brown paper bags/paper. If you take a few rubber stamps to it, it can be quite festive! My family also has a collection of fabric bags we reuse year after year after year. We also use a lot of paper as kindling for our fires and in our wood stove.
I am off to Boston on Monday for a few days fun with my sisters. Then I am to Vermont, for a wonderful Christmas with my whole family at our Bit of Earth.
As for Copenhagen, I am beginning to loose some hope. Seems like a lot of it is a bunch of hoopla, and although many countries are supporting "strong" legislation, they're idea of strength is not nearly enough. Bill McKibben wrote an interesting article for Grist.

Most days I just think the world would be so much better if everyone just woke up tomorrow and decided to be decent human beings. Just decent. Then we might actually be able to fix the problems that face us.
But Dr. Seuss can make just about anything better... this quote is especially good:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment