Monday, October 3, 2011

Melbourne: Take One!

Yesterday we arrived in this beautiful city! I already like it. I was surprised by this because usually I am not a city girl (surprise, surprise, I go to school in the middle of corn fields!). Somehow Melbourne just has a good vibe, or maybe it's just the area we're staying in, which is full of a spectrum of hipsters and interesting shops. Today I tackled public transportation and met up with the ladies at Ink & Spindle to talk about my upcoming internship. I am so excited and can't wait to share all the shenanigans as they unfold. Then I cruised around Brunswick Street in Fitzroy and then went to the Melbourne Museum, which was not that great but was fun, despite it being filled with children who are currently on school holidays. Mostly it's just nice to be clean after a week in the mountains, although that was fun too. I'm looking forward to being here in Melbourne for the whole month of November! Tomorrow we are having some class discussion and going to some sustainable houses, and then off to Sydney on Wednesday.

1 comment: