Thursday, October 7, 2010

BUSY!

Oh man. What a week it has been. Just constantly on the go, between practice, class, homework, clubs, tutoring... it sure can be overwhelming, and I find myself forgetting what actually matters. That missing a 5 point question on a test is NOT very important at all in the grand scheme of things, that I'm not going to remember how many serves I missed in practice today next week, etc etc etc. What I WILL remember is that I got an amazing opportunity to go to college, play a sport, make awesome friends... even if some days I think wistfully of my life to be- planting veggies in the dirt whose cation exchange capacity I am trying desperately to understand, sitting on the porch playing guitar and drinking lemonade, breathing in good Vermont air and not air with Chicago smog drift.

Today in Soil Science we watched the majority of dirt! The Movie, which had all my favorite all-stars in it- Vandana Shiva, Paul Stamets, Wangari Maathai, and a whole host of others who re-inspired me today. I can't wait to really get my hands dirty in life, but until then, I can continue to learn and take advantage of the opportunities I have here! Like trips to local farms, helping in the community garden.... and soon growing lettuce in my new/old mini greenhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment