Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Autumn colors and an appreciation for good friends...

A few weeks ago I got a message on facebook from one of my former summer camp counselors. She is pretty great- hilarious, compassionate, and wonderfully talented. She is one of the people who inspired me to take up guitar. She wrote to a bunch of us campers asking us to support her music. She wants to get in the studio to do some professional recording. For a few dollars she promised to send us a cd of her music, so I sent her some moolah in the mail and THIS came yesterday. I've been listening to the 13 tracks on this demo all day. SO GREAT. I hope she goes places.

You can listen to her music here.
Also during this WINDY day I've been thinking about autumn colors. We're beginning to move from oranges and yellows to browns and grays as the leaves all get blown away. I've been drinking out of my favorite mug- a gift from our family friend Jamie Utt.
He is also wonderful, inspiring people all over the country to think about difficult issues with confidence. Read his blog here and visit his professional website here.

There are so many good people and the world, and I am so happy that a good number of them are in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Gretta, I just discovered this post! I love that you cherish and use that mug that I gave you oh so long ago!! Thank you for the kind words, and keep on writing this amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete