Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beginnings and Middles and Ends

Beginnings:
-New classes! Microeconomics, Latin American History, and Soil Science!
-New school year! Lots of new faces on campus. Lots of new opportunities to get involved in activities!
-New job! I'm starting my campus job as a spanish tutor next week.
Middles:
-Worked in the community garden one of my professors started last spring. I started helping out when we were seeding and planting. Now things are going crazy! Muddy shoes= good day!
-I'm about halfway through my college volleyball career (considering I won't be playing next year since I'll hopefully be abroad!), and we are doing great!
-Still developing the friendships I started last year. I appreciate my friends so much. When I'm completely exhausted after practice or a game, they are there for me when I get home!
Ends:
-Yesterday on the bus I finished Goat Song by Brad Kessler. So fantastic. I recommend it most highly! Here are a few little tidbits:
"Our fresh cheese was simply made from clean raw milk. As such, it couldn't be bought or sold anywhere in the United States. If we sold it we'd be put in jail. It was as if we were making not cheese, but moonshine."
"But the forest was a book too. I entered with the goats on page one and lost myself leaf by leaf. Out path climbed through a text of birch and beech. I learned my landscape twig by twig."
-And alas, I suppose, the end of summer. It was good while it lasted!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the great update!
    hey, do you own goat song? if so, would you please pop it in the mail so that i may read it?
    many thanks, marmie
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sadly don't, I borrowed it from someone at camp... but I'd say it's worth the buy. Unless you can find it at the library.

    ReplyDelete