Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beauty in the Breakdown...

Number one thing I've learned in college:
Every person between the ages of 13 and 23ish (and most likely into the rest of life) wants to have the biggest problem. People think it makes them special, makes things worthwhile. I say, that's pretty ridiculous! I think we can all learn from mistakes, sadness, failed relationships... and ALSO from happiness, good friends, family. This song is pretty awesome, it's by Frou Frou (also known as Imogen Heap). This song has been in a few movies, including one of my favorites, The Holiday.
A few of my favorite lines:
Drink up, baby down
mmmm are you in or are you out
leave your things behind
cause its all going off without you
excuse me, too busy
you're writing your tragedy
these mishaps
you bubble wrap
when you've no idea what you're like
so let go, jump in
oh well, whatcha waiting for
it's alright
cause there's beauty in the breakdown



So remember the beauty in the breakdown. Some things are meant to be done with, learn and move on. It's kind of my "everything happens for a reason" philosophy. Maybe not for a "reason", but things happen so you can learn and grow. But remember to grow from the good stuff too! I feel like too many people find power from their hardships, and while that is a very productive way to make crappy stuff into something useful, we should also appreciate all the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment