Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Young Farmers Conference... AND MORE!!!

Oh my, so many adventures I haven't blogged in over a week cause I've been so overwhelmed by all the awesome stuff I've been doing! First was last Thursday and Friday- the Young Farmers Conference at Stone Barns!!! An older crowd than myself (the 25-35 range...) which was fun because I got to meet a bunch of people who are a few years ahead of me in the game. The first morning I was feeling a little overwhelmed- EVERYONE seemed to know EVERYONE! But then I found Dina, who runs The Hickories, where I interned my senior year of high school. We had even signed up for the same first workshop. Relief! She introduced me to a bunch of people and it was fun to catch up with her.
Young Farmers socializing in the hay barn!
I went to a bunch of awesome workshops, ranging from specialty crop production to farm-to-school initiatives. It got me so pumped about all the possibilities of farming! Got lots of good resources and ideas!

The greenhouse is GREEN!
The greenhouse was in full swing, with greens and chard and all sorts of green things! Beautiful to see!
Packing up christmas trees with Dad over the weekend at the Bit of Earth
Then on to Vermont to cut down a bunch of balsams. Good hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment