Sunday, August 22, 2010

New silkscreens!

The drawings
Painted onto the screen with screen drawing fluid
After screen filler and a wash
The final product! On fabric.

I designed these two silkscreens to be used on shirts; the "soldier of the soil" for the front and the hands holding dirt for the back. They came out a little funky (bad choice to make silkscreens when it's hot and humid...) but I like that they look weather-beaten. Maybe if I get around to an etsy shop one of these days, we can all join the ranks of the land army by wearing this as part of our uniform, along with overalls, carhartts, or crapped up jeans. I'm almost done with a Farmerette one...

(Sorry for the poor picture quality, the weather has been ever so grey and crummy!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi followed you over here from your mom's blog
    I see you are a big chip off the old block!
    love the shirts......
    welcome to Illinois
    ha! my verify word is combet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the land army is my kind of military!
    -marmie

    ReplyDelete