Saturday, June 12, 2010

Trip down memory lane

Today I went to my high school's graduation. It felt somewhat surreal, knowing how much has happened between that day a year ago when I graduated and today watching a whole new batch of people leaving. What a time to be graduating high school, college, grad school! So much wrong with the world, so much right with it as well. So much we can all do, and will do, whether or not it is intentional. We all leave a mark on the world, and I think this group of 33 graduates will each leave a darn good one.
I saw old friends, teachers, coaches, mentors- and most of them fit in 2 or 3 of those categories, considering the way my high school is and was. Everyone involved in everything. It made me a tad nostalgic. I would not want to be back there by any means- I have moved on from high school, as everyone should- but it made me remember all the good things, and it was great to see people who mean a lot to me.
The class speaker was fantastic (who speaks is determined by the graduating class, not by GPA or any of that nonsense), and gave a sense of ease to the rainy day and rather glum spell the world seems to have found itself in.

Good people, good to be home. It's nice to call several places home, then it's ALWAYS good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment