Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The end of term...

I know college is important, but some days I just want to sit in the woods and play guitar and eat fresh veggies and sing and breathe.
Some days I wonder if I'd get more out of reading what I want- Michael Pollan, Wendell Berry, Vandana Shiva, Thoreau, Muir, all the people we talk about in class but don't always get to read. I'm tired of thinking about environmental issues instead of living the life I want to live- I know I can do some of it now, like working in a garden every Sunday or reading some Wendell on the side, but some days I feel powerless and am wasting my time. I want to be getting my hands dirty!
Education is great but sometimes I wonder if college is right. Perhaps it's the end of term talking, and they three term papers I really don't want to write and the 2-3 hours of physical activity I'm doing every day and ensuing exhaustion. I need it to be summer and recharge my batteries in the woods!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment