Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Greenhorns

I was checking out Grist, and what did I find? This article about the organization Greenhorns, led by Severine von Tscharner Fleming. Turns out she was at an event I went to last week, all about Farmerettes! Smaaaall World. Check it out, she is on a MISSION. And here's their website. She's also going to be working this summer at The Hickories, aka the farm I worked at last spring! Pretty cool!
I really appreciate the hope she has for the future: "It took Monsanto 20 years to consolidate their hold on our seed supply, and it'll probably take us 20 years to shake that monkey, but that is only half a professional lifetime for my generation."
Sincerely,
A soldier of the soil

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this article and it's really cool that you've had some connections with her. Young farmers are going to be just what we need to get things working right it our food economy.

    ReplyDelete